POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rock The Boat (Final) : Re: Rock The Boat (Final) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rock The Boat (Final)
From: Eriban
Date: 12 Jul 2009 12:55:01
Message: <web.4a5a147acf72cd1781475b100@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> I love this image, which is very well composed and fools completely the
> eyes. Very well done indeed.

Thanks, that's nice to hear :-).

> I am working on some wake problems, through a different approach with image
> maps which is not very convincing presently, So, I am particularly
> interested in your functions. Any chance you make them public? I would much
> appreciate this!

I just posted the wake-wave making code to p.b.s-f. It can generate the image
maps attached to this message, which are used respectively as image_map in a
height_field and as pattern for a texture_map. In red the ship is shown, which
illustrates why the wake needs to be assymetrical. And if you look closely, you
can see that the waves nicely meet up in the middle :-).

Cheers,
Erwin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: